How to crack AWS Cloud Practitioner certification
Acquiring the certification isn’t going to be an easy task, but if you have the expertise help of the AWS CLF C01 Solutions Architect Cloud Practitioner Dumps offered at the ExamClubs, you would be able to achieve it in a single attempt.
AWS certification is the most in-demand IT certificationthese days. AWS or Amazon Web Services,is a major player in pay as you use basis, cloud computing market as againstGoogle cloud and Azure.
Opportunities for AWS certified candidates are increasing, dueto which there is huge interest from IT professionals.
The article serves as a comprehensive guide providing complete details about AWS Cloud Practitioner certification exam and how to prepare and obtain the AWS certification.
Why Cloud Computing or AWS Certification?
AWS certification has gained prominence due to widespreadacceptance of cloud computing for organizational needs especially for startups.
Due to low cost internet access and better connectivity,cloud computing has emerged as the new age industry in IT. Due to pay as youneed model, it has been accepted by new age start ups as well as establishedcorporate to address their ITinfrastructure issues especially with scalability and availability.
AWS or Amazon Web Services was launched in 2006 with SQS,EC2 an S3 services as an offshoot from Amazon’s internal IT management team,for IT infrastructure as a service.
Since then, AWS evolved and is the leader in cloud computingmarket across the globe against other competitors like Azure from Microsoft,GCP from Google and IBM.
AWS certification is the certification for IT professionals who want to stay relevant and grasp the huge career opportunity in cloud computing market.
What is AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification?
AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification is the entry levelbasic certification for obtaining advanced expert level AWS certifications.
Candidates need to clear the AWS Cloud PractitionerCertification exam to qualify for following advanced AWS certifications andlearning paths on
- Advanced Networking – Advanced Networking Specialty
- Security – Security Specialty
- Big Data – Big Data Specialty
The official exam guide from AWS is available for download, at the following link
AWS has listed following eligibility criteria for the exam
- AWS Knowledge Requirement
- A minimum of six months of experience with the AWS Cloud
- Eligible role may be technical, managerial, sales, purchasing, or financial.
- IT Knowledge Requirement
- Basic knowledge of IT services and their uses in the AWS Cloud platform
AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification Exam has MCQ typeobjective type questions only.
Two types of objective questions are present in theexamination, as
- Multiple-choicetype objective questions: These questions have only one correct answer and remainingthree are incorrect (also called as distracters by AWS).
- Multiple-responsetype objective questions: These questions have multiple correct answers usually two or more amongst remaining five ormore listed options.
Clearing the Certification isn’t considered to be that much easy, you have to go through rigorous training and lots of AWS DVA C01 Certified Developer Associate Dumps would be needed to go through unless you have some expertise training courses like such offered at the ExamClubs.
- Candidate should select one or more answers which best answer the question
- There is no negative marking or penalty for answers guessed by candidate.
- Unanswered questions are scored as incorrect
- The examination may also have content items which are unscored or no score is assigned. They are listed in exam to collect statistical information. They are not identifiable and do not affect your score.
- Exam result, is a scaled score between 100 to 1000
- Minimum passing score is 700.
- The exam score report has a tabular listing of your performance for every section of the exam.
- The table shows your strengths and weaknesses, for every section.
- You do not need to pass each section but, should be able to pass the overall certification exam.
- As every exam section has varying weighting hence, varying number of questions is listed in exam against each section.
- Score lists your performance in the examination and whether or not you passed.
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam is a pass or fail exam.
- Scoring is done against a minimum standard established by AWS professionals as per best practices and guidelines.
The certification exam checks candidate on
- What is AWS Cloud and its global infrastructure
- AWS Cloud architectural principles
- AWS Cloud value proposition
- AWS platform’s key services and their common use cases (like, compute and analytics)
- Security and compliance of the AWS platform
- AWS shared security model
- AWS platform’s billing, account management, and pricing models
- Can access information sources and technical assistance (like whitepapers or support tickets)
- Basics of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud.
AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification Course Content or Domains
The AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification Exam covers fourdomains on AWS, which are
- Cloud Concepts
- Billing and Pricing
Weightings of each subject area, in AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification Exam is listed and described below
The section-wise weightings are as
|4||Billing & Pricing||12%|
Each section as per their weighting will have different number of questions, in the exam.
Preparation for AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification Exam involvesaccessing various free online resources.
Various reference books are available for the AWS CloudPractitioner Certification Exam and few good ones are
- The Beginners Guide to Amazon Web Services byDennis Hutten
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Study Guide:CLF–C01 Exam – by Ben Piper, David Clinton
- AWS Basics: Beginner’s Guide-by Gordon Wong
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner CertificationGuide: Complete 2018 Clf-C01 Exam Study Guide by Todd Montgomery
- Amazon Web Services for Dummies-by BernardGolden
- Building Applications in Cloud – Concepts,Patterns, and Projects by Christopher Moyer
- Learning AWS: Design, build and deployresponsive applications using AWS Cloud components, 2nd Edition- by AurobindoSarkar and Amit Shah.
Free Online Notes and Tutorials
Many free online resources are available for the exam and
- Free Notes Link
- Free Tutorial Link
- Free brief notes link
Many course providers also provide online training for theexam. Some popular websites are
- Linux Academy
Question and Answer
Many Q&A websites also have good information on varioustopics of the exam and few are
Practice tests better prepare you for the assessment exam.Most practice test providers provide detailed analysis of your knowledge for AWSCloud Practitioner certification exam.
Amazon also provides few practice questions
Testpreptraining also offers practice test on AWS CloudPractitioner Certification Exam in two modes, as
- FreePractice Test with 40 questions
- PaidPractice Test with 300+ questions and exhaustive analysis
AWS Free Trainings
AWS offers various free trainings for AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification Exam at link –https://aws.amazon.com/training/. These trainings are provided free of charge and only registration is needed.
The various trainings relevant for preparation are
AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials (Second Edition) course –
This free course gives an understanding of AWS Cloud, for any job role. It covers concepts of cloud, basics of AWS services, security, architecture, pricing, and support.
AWS Technical Essentials course –
This free AWS course covers technical aspects of AWSplatform as needed in AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification Exam. It coverstechnical details on AWS services with fundamentals of AWS services to map asper your business requirements.
- AWS foundation services like Elastic ComputeCloud (EC2), Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Simple Storage Service (S3), andElastic Block Store (EBS)
- AWS Database services: DynamoDB and RelationalDatabase Service (RDS)
- AWS Management services: Auto Scaling,CloudWatch, Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), and Trusted Advisor
AWS Business Essentials course –
This course focuses on business and economics aspects of AWSplatform. It covers
- Financial benefits of AWS
- AWS compliance
- security of AWS platform
Free AWS Whitepapers for AWS Cloud PractitionerCertification Exam are at link – https://aws.amazon.com/whitepapers/
Relevant whitepapers for the exam are
- Overview of Amazon Web Services whitepaper, July 2019
- Architecting for the Cloud: AWS Best Practices whitepaper, October 2018
- How AWS Pricing Works whitepaper, June 2018
- Cost Management in the AWS Cloud whitepaper, March 2018
AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification – Domain 1 – Cloud Concepts
This subject area focuses on knowledge of cloud computingbasics. It has 28% weighting in theexam.
To get full marks in this subject area, you should be ableto
- define the basic components and architecture ofAWS Cloud
- describe the value proposition of cloud against on-premise
- Specify AWS Cloud economics related aspects
- Have full awareness of different cloudarchitecture design principles like elasticity, scalability, high availabilityand fault tolerance.
AWS cloud infrastructure offers, services on compute,storage, security, database and management. AWS services includes
- EC2 or Elastic Compute Cloud
- AWS Lambda
- Amazon Glacier
- Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
- Amazon S3
- Cloud Front
- IAM (Identity and Access Management)?
- Certificate Manager
- Amazon RDS
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Amazon ElastiCache
- Amazon RedShift
Cloud Architecture Design Principles, are
- Operational Excellence
- Performance Efficiency
- Cost Optimization
As per AWS, Domain 1 or Cloud Concepts section has following topics
1.1 Define the AWS Cloud and its value proposition
1.2 Identify aspects of AWS Cloud economics
1.3 List the different cloud architecture design principles
AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification – Domain 2 – Security
This domain covers security aspects of AWS platform. It has 24% weighting in the exam.
Passing this domain, requires you to be acquainted with
- AWS Shared Responsibility model
- AWS Cloud security tools like logging, protectionagainst web attacks
- AWS Compliance to various legal requirement andsecurity standards like data privacy,compliance reporting
- Access management resources in AWS like MFA,IAM, password policies
- AWS resources for security support with trustedadvisor
Shared Security model is the basis of sharingresponsibilities amongst customer and AWS.
AWS Cloud Security and Compliance covers following aspectsof AWS Security
- Infrastructure Security
- Infrastructure Resilience
- Data Encryption
- Monitoring and Logging
- Identity and Access Control
- Compliance Assurance Programs
- Security Support
- Standards and Best Practices
AWS Access Management capabilities include
- Access management in AWS infrastructure, is provided through AWS IAM or Identity and Access Management.
- AWS IAM facilitates secured access to AWS services and resources for users.
- Create and manage AWS users and groups,
- Permissions in AWS can be used to enable or deny AWS resource access.
- These features in AWS are provided free of charge.
- AWS charges only usage of other chargeable AWS services, only
As per AWS, Domain 2 or Security section has following topics
2.1 Define the AWS Shared Responsibility model
2.2 Define AWS Cloud security and compliance concepts
2.3 Identify AWS access management capabilities
2.4 Identify resources for security support
AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification – Domain 3 – Technology
Technology is the most crucial domain as it has 36% weighting in the exam. It focuseson how well you have grasped the core AWS platform’s working and services.
To crack this section, you should
- Know deploying AWS Cloud
- Be aware of operating AWS Cloud
- Have clear understanding of AWS globalinfrastructure
- Know the core AWS services and their use caseslike EC2, RDS, SNS, ELB, S3 and Lambda
- Can access AWS technology support for anytechnical issue by raising support tickets
Various services in AWS for provisioning IT infrastructureand the deployment of applications are
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk – A platform configurationdefines the infrastructure and software stack to be used for a givenenvironment.
- AWS CloudFormation – It is a service to modeland set up your Amazon Web Services resources
- AWS OpsWorks – Configuration management servicefrom AWS in 2 variations: AWS OpsWorks for Puppet Enterprise and AWS OpsWorksfor Chef Automate.
- AWS CodeDeploy – AWS service for automation of codeand software deployments to any AWS instance.
- AWS CodePipeline – A CI/CD or continuousintegration/continuous delivery service from AWS
- Amazon EC2 Container Service – AWS containermanagement service for Docker containers
AWS Global Infrastructure involves knowledge of
- Availability Zones (AZs)
- Edge Locations
- Regional Edge Caches
List of AWS services are
- Route 53
The resources available for technical support depend on yoursupport plan. They are:
- Developer Support
- Business Support
- Enterprise Support
As per AWS, Domain 3 or Technology section has following topics
3.1 Define methods of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud
3.2 Define the AWS global infrastructure
3.3 Identify the core AWS services
3.4 Identify resources for technology support
AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification – Domain 4 – Billing and Pricing
Though it is the least weighting domain area of the AWSCloud Practitioner Certification Exam with 12%weighting but, it is crucial for knowing the business aspect of AWS platform.
This section covers
- Various pricing models available in AWS platformfor various services
- Calculating AWS service costs
- Account structures in AWS for billing andpricing like BU based, project based accounting structure
- AWS billing support resources like costcalculator
The pricing models for AWS are principally
- “Compute Resources”
- “Data Storage and Transfer”
- request pricing
- monthly targeted audience (MTA) pricing
- events collected pricing
- messages sent pricing, etc
Various accounting structures can be used by AWS customers,as per their need
- Business Unit (BU) AWS Account Structure
- Environment Lifecycle AWS Account Structure
- Project-Based AWS Account Structure
- Hybrid AWS Account Structures
As per AWS, Domain 4 or Billing and Pricing section has following topics
4.1 Compare and contrast the various pricing models for AWS
4.2 Recognize the various account structures in relation to AWS billing and pricing
4.3 Identify resources available for billing support
AWS Cloud Practitioner certification exam is apt forcandidate who wants to validate or gain know-how of AWS Cloud platform. Theexam covers skills on AWS core services, security, pricing and support.
A brief summary of the certification exam is
- Exam Code – CLF-C01
- Exam Level – Foundational or Basic
- Exam Duration – 90 minutes
- Exam Cost – USD $ 100
- Exam Pre-requisite – Following to be satisfied
- Minimum of 6 months of experience with the AWS Cloud in any role ( including technical, managerial, sales, purchasing, or financial)
- Basic understanding of IT services and their uses in the AWS Cloud platform.
- Exam Format or Pattern of Questions –
- Multiple-choice: Has one correct response and other are incorrect
- Multiple-response: Has two or more correct responses out of available options
- Exam Delivery Method – Testing center or online proctored exam
- Exam Scoring – Scaled score from 100 to 1000
- Passing score – 700
- Exam Language – English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese
Cracking AWS Certification Exam
Cracking AWS certification exam involves not just studyingthe AWS cloud computing concepts but also making a plan to crack the exam.Clearing the AWS Cloud Practitioner certification exam creates a platform toregister for advanced AWS certifications and also validate your knowledge ofcloud computing and AWS.
Steps to crack an AWS Cloud Practitioner certification are listedbelow.
Step 1 – Create aPlan
Before preparing for the exam, create a short and long termplan (like daily /monthly plan) as per time you can dedicate for preparation.
Also check funds needed to prepare for the exam. If you aretight on budget, increase the allocated time as quality resources available forfree, is difficult to come by.
Step 2 – Shortlist booksand websites for AWS certification
There many websites providing training and questions topractice for cracking the exam.
- Review them as per your budget.
- Opt for trial period, if offered
- Ease of using the website and extensivereporting also help you in preparation
You may also purchase AWS certification books, if you canself-study.
Step 3 – Focus onconcepts
Grasping the concepts is of prime importance, for crackingthe AWS exam.
- Instead of mugging up, visualize the concepts.
- Try to self-teach the concept for betterunderstanding
Step 4 – Practice
- Allocate some time daily, to practice
- Practicing helps in reinforcing the newly learntconcept
- Purchase access to websites offering practicequestions
- Revise concepts and techniques to quickly knowthe advanced concepts
Step 5 – Stick to Schedule
Manage your time so that allocated time for preparation isnot compromised. Sticking to schedule,helps you quickly progress in absorbing the lessons.
Step 6 – Finally appearfor exam
After completing all lessons, practice extensively to scorehigh in practice test on AWS Cloud Practitioner certification. Post-practiceschedule and appear for exam.
Hurray! You have cracked the AWS Cloud Practitioner certificationexam.
Now that you have known about the Salary of Network Security Engineer, you must be attracted to achieving it. If you wish to have it, you must have to do lots and lots of studies, unless you have a good and reliable AWS SCS C01 Certified Security Specialty Dumps provider like that of the ExamClubs.