15+ Latest Network Technologies Upcoming in 2020
Now that you have known about the Salary of Network Security Engineer, you must be attracted to achieving it. If you wish to have it, you must have to do lots and lots of studies, unless you have a good and reliable CCNP 300-420 Dumps provider like that of the ExamClubs.
The Networking Industry is evolving day by day. Everyday is a New Invention Day. But there are some technologies in the Networking domain which are and will transform the picture of the Network Industry. These are the Latest Network Technologies which will rule the Industry. Let us have a look at them below.
Here is a list of Latest Network Technologies:
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Multi Cloud Technology
- Cloud Repatriation
- Edge Computing
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Intent Based Networking
- Wireless Data Links for Drones
- eXpressive Internet Architecture
- Quantum Computing
- 5G Network Technologies
- Businesswide Networking Fabric
- Serverless Computing
- Digital Twin
- Nano Network Technology
- Machine Learning
Let us have a look at each of these Latest Network Technologies.
Software Defined Networking (SDN)
Software Defined Networking Technology is an emerging architecture aimed to make Networks flexible, manageable, cost-effective, and adaptable. Software Defined Networking improves network performance by decoupling the network control and forwarding functions which enable network controls to become directly programmable. OpenFlow Protocol is a fundamental for building SDN Solutions.
SDN varies from Traditional Networking in the following ways:
- The SDN communicates with applications via Application Programming Interface (API) whereas Traditional Networks do it via Protocols.
- SDN allows users to control virtual level resources through control planes while the traditional network depends on physical infrastructures like routers and switches.
- SDN has the ability to virtualize the whole network as compared to the conventional network.
The companies which adapt to SDN will deliver services to the customers depending on their expectations. SDN users would capture business in little time as SDN Speed. The centralized control will streamline processes. It will also help in understanding the network and allowing rapid troubleshoot.
Multi Cloud Technology
Multi-Cloud Technology is a heterogeneous architecture of multiple cloud computing and storage devices. A Multi-Cloud Technology utilizes two or more public clouds along with n number of private clouds. hence it is also known as Multi-Cloud Environment. Multi Cloud Technology works as a Service (SaaS) or Platform as a Service (PaaS) but currently referred to as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Hybrid Cloud Technology is a Traditional Technology in comparison with Multi-Cloud Technology.
Hybrid Cloud varies from Multi-Cloud Technology in the following ways:
- Hybrid Cloud is a combination of a private and public cloud, whereas Multi-Cloud technology is a combination of multiple public clouds and private clouds.
- Components of a Hybrid Cloud work together, causing the data and processes to inter-mingle. While in a Multi-Cloud situation the usage remains in its cloud’s silo.
- A Hybrid Cloud Model is indeed a Multi-Cloud Model, but we cannot call a Multi-Cloud Model a Hybrid Cloud Model.
Multi-Cloud Technology allows stakeholders to select solutions which work for their organization hence increasing the ROI. Businesses can thus allocate and maximize resources, and only pay for the ones they use. Multi-Cloud Technology reduces the risk of an attack even when the applications are offline. Multi-Cloud Technologies help reduce the risk of a single point of failure.
Technology has evolved due to which enterprises have the freedom to locate applications with maximum performance, cost, and security. Several enterprises are pulling out applications from Cloud to the Traditional Data Centers. Cloud Repatriation is gaining popularity these days.
Three drivers of Cloud Repatriation are:
If you wish to make your career in network, the Certifications is considered to be the best certification, to jump-start your career. But gaining this certification isn’t considered to be that much easy. You have to go through lots and lots of study process unless you have the help of the CCNP 300-425 Dumps offered at the ExamClubs.
- Cost Saving – Repatriation to a Private Cloud offers transparency in pricing as you pay only according to your utility
- Control – A Private Cloud is managed by a single enterprise. This makes it easy to configure and manage resources.
- Compliance – Regular assessment of networks to reduce the chance of an attack from a hackers, and enterprises using Private Clouds
IDC cites that 80% of organizations may repatriate their data from Public Cloud in the next two years. Companies will analyze which applications could candidates use for repatriation from cloud and re-architecting applications.
Shadow IT, Security Concerns, and Predictability are some issues driving public cloud repatriation.
Edge Computing is a distributed open architecture which enables Internet of Things and Mobile Computing. The device processes by itself or by a local server. Edge Computing enables data, applications, and computing power to be closer to the users and away from centralized points. Edge Computing targets applications needing to be closer to the source of action. Edge Computing refers to Decentralized Data Processing at the edge of the Network.
Edge Computing is crucial in the following ways:
- Data Security – As a centralized resource out of users’ control, the cloud presents an ever-present opportunity to violate privacy.
- Cloud costs – Pushing, storing, and processing all data in the cloud associates with high cloud costs. These costs increase as data volumes increase.
- Real-time requirement – IoT applications have a need for speed. The response time inevitably decreases as the distance between the device, data storage location, and computed (in the cloud) increases.
Cloud Computing uses a remote server for management and storage of data, and it’s processing, whereas Edge Computing refers to processing the data at the user’s end. Cloud computing acts as a regular server and every process that happens accounts within the server. Edge computing is processing of data at the end point (usually a device like an ATM, gateway devices, smartphone, etc.) or typically known as edge.
Internet of Things (IoT)
Internet of Things is used in physical and everyday devices or appliances. Devices consist of Internet Connectivity and Sensors. These devices can interact with each other and with others all over the internet. Some everyday IoT Examples are SmartWatch, 3D Printers, Hue Bulbs, etc.
Here are some reasons why IoT is essential today in the world of:
- Connectivity – IoT devices will need connectivity to controllers which control devices. The connectivity to networks is either wired or wireless.
- Power – Devices like phones make use of Power over Ethernet.
- Security – It needs to protect the devices from malware, but will also need to protect the network and application servers from attacks originating from the infected IoT devices. Authenticated devices connected to the network, which is something where the system would play a role.
- Compute – The network has computed that can be leveraged in the IoT deployments to process events that cannot afford latency in processing. The IoT devices themselves are highly cost optimized.
With IoT, there are sensors around which gather data on our world and help improving it. IoT puts emphasis on the real world as compared to the virtual world. It encourages a balance between virtual and practical experiences.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Artificial Intelligence is developing the computer systems to perform tasks which include human intelligence like speech recognition, decision making, visual perception, and translation between languages. This universal network makes decisions based on your activity and location. It will route you to the best system and manage the task without affecting your experience.
- Artificial Intelligence provides new ways of designing cost-effective networks, built by humans.
- A combination of Human Intellect and Creativity will help beyond developing the system by managing, maintaining, and protecting it. The self-improving algorithms will harness over time.
- Algorithms monitor networks that look for traffic which might affect malicious activities like Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) attacks and attempted hacks. Artificial Intelligence will power this algorithm and create a faster method of anticipating threats and troubleshooting them.
- Software Defined Networks will route traffic between the internet and private networks, ensuring employees to access superfast access to data and application. This combination of AI and SDN will provide evolutions of networks across industries.
Artificial Intelligence provides opportunity to revolutionize networks. We need to continually ensure that the infrastructure and systems rely on the growing digital demands. Due to the continuous revolution, Artificial Intelligence will re-think whether current business models could give the best possible user experience.
Intent Based Networking
Network Administration is a new form of Intent-Based Networking (IBN). It is a combination of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, and Network Orchestration to automate administrative tasks. Intent-Based Networking reduces the complexity to create, manage, and enforce network policies for reducing labor associated with traditional configuration management.
- A combination of IBN and API ensures the network to be responsive. We could download new applications on networks quickly thus increasing business agility.
- The services offered by IBN provides operational efficiencies and reduces Operational Expenses
- The Intent based Networking allows Networks to align with business objectives continuously
- Increased protection of network from rapid threat is one of the critical functions of the Intent Based Networking.
Intent-Based Networking is a combination of existing and new technologies. Software Defined Networking, Analytics, and Virtualization belong to Long Term Intent Based Networking. A lot of companies are trying to incorporate Intent Based Networking in their networks.
Wireless Data Links for Drones
Wireless Networking Technology is mainly applied by the aviation industry. For example, when we are flying, we can access our e-mail in the flight. Though the bandwidth is limited but we can check it. Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) or Drones are now all set to change the trend.
Researchers within the industry are working towards making the long distance and high-speed wireless networking feasible. The research done will bridge the communication between UAVs and Manned Aircrafts.
Other than Wireless Data Links for drones, the aviation industry has broader implications of the Networking Domain. For example, trains and cars will use data links in the future. This will benefit them from wireless networks which can sustain high bandwidth across vast distances at high speeds.
eXpressive Intent Architecture (XIA)
The eXpressive Internet Architecture (XIA) addresses the growing diversity of network use models, the need for reliable communication, and the increasing set of stakeholders who coordinate their activities to provide Internet services.
- XIA defines the API between the principals and the network protocol mechanisms
- Ensure that the inputs to the intrinsically secure system match the trust assumptions and intentions of the user
- Keeps the architecture simple to reason about – XIA provides a principal type for services (visible)
XIA provides intrinsic security in which makes sure of the authentication and integrity of communication. XIA enables context-dependent mechanisms for establishing trust between the communicating principals, bridging the gap between human and intrinsically secure identifiers.
Quantum Computing is the use of Quantum Mechanics (includes quantum theory) phenomenon like entanglement and superposition. Quantum network is a part of quantum communication and quantum computing. Quantum networks help in the transmission of information in the form of quantum bits called qubits. A quantum processor performs quantum logic gates on some qubits. Quantum Networks work in a similar way to classical networks.
- IBN ensures the authenticity of an object
- Quantum Cryptography will offer in view of our current knowledge, and security of communication.
- Quantum Computing can boost Machine Learning
Together NASA and Google, are giving Quantum Theory a severe thought. Quantum Computing has the potential to revolutionize the computing domain and increase speeds by lower power costs. Companies like IBM, Google, Microsoft, and others have reported breakthroughs in recent years.
5G Network Technologies
5G is The Next Generation Mobile Internet Connectivity which offers fast speed and decent connections on smartphones and other devices. You will now carry vast amounts of data, which will allow for a smart and connected world. Combining the networks and technology are the latest research will let 5G Network Technology to be the superficial technology in the world.
- 5G Technology will have one-millisecond latency with 1000x bandwidth per unit area along with a 90% reduction in network energy usage
- 5G Networks will expand broadband wireless services from Mobile Internet to IoT
- 5G Services will support LANs and WANs
- While traveling abroad, 5G users can enjoy 5G roaming experience on visited networks seamlessly
The issue with 5G Technology is about setting up the system. There are wide variations needed. Due to these variations, one system cannot meet the needs. 5G is not a mobile technology but universal access to low and high data rate services.
Businesswide Networking Fabric
Business Networking Fabric is disrupting Traditional Networking Service Providers and Vendors. Enterprises understand Disruptive Technology, Networking Fabric gives businesses the opportunity to weave Network Hardware, Software, and other services that interconnect users, data, and applications together based on business policies.
Serverless Computing is a cloud-computing execution model in which the cloud provider runs the server and dynamically manages the allocation of machine resources. A Serverless Provider allows the users to write codes and deploy them without worrying about the infrastructure. Serverless Computing enables the developers to a payment service called as “pay-as-you-go” service. The developers pay only for the services they use. Serverless Computing has some advantages like:
- Serverless Computing is cost worthy as you won’t have to pay for the services you did not use
- Serverless Architecture can cut time as they can add and modify code regularly
- Serverless vendors manage the scaling on demand
Serverless providers offer database and storage services to their customers, and also have Function-as-a-Service (FaaS) platforms, like CloudFlare Workers. These platforms can execute pieces of code on edge without storing any data.
Founded in 2002, technological lacking stopped the adaptation of this concept of a Digital Twin. A Digital Twin is a duplicate or a replica of people, places, processes, systems, and devices used for various purposes. The digital representation provides both the elements and the dynamics of how an Internet of things device operates and lives throughout its life cycle.
- Digital Twins are masterminds which drive performance and innovation
- Digital Twins help companies to improve the customer experience by understanding customer needs, developing enhancements to existing products, services, and operations and also will help with innovation
- There will be a virtual copy running in the cloud for every physical asset in the world with every operation.
All the above proves that Digital Twin Technology will be an explosion when it is fully in function. The role of a Digital Twin will keep evolving and increasing self-awareness. These machines will optimize their performance, coordinate with other machines and self-diagnose and self-repair the faults.
Nano Network Technology
Nano Network Technology works in the Biomedical Field (Immune System Support, Bio Hybrid Implants, Health Monitoring, Genetic Engineering), Military Technology (Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical Defeses), Environmental Research (Biodegradation, Animal and Biodiversity Control, and Air Pollution Control), and Industrial Technology and Consumer Goods Application (Food and Water Quality Control, and Functionalized Fabrics and Materials).
Nano Network is a set of interconnected Nano Devices (devices are a few micrometres and hundred nanometres in size). These Nano Devices can perform computing, sensing, actuation and store data. Nano Networks help the Nano Machines in terms of complexity and range of operation by co-ordinating them to share information.
Machine Learning is an application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) which helps the systems/machines to automatically adapt and learn from experiences. These experiences are not officially recorded. This process of learning starts with observations or learning about data. It could be an experience or an instruction to look for patterns in data and make decisions for the future. Here are some Machine Learning methods.
- Supervised Machine Learning Algorithm – applies to knowledge applied in the past data to predict future events
- Unsupervised Machine Learning Algorithm – applies when the information used to train machines is neither classified nor labelled
- Semi-Supervised Machine Learning Algorithm – falls between supervised and unsupervised Machine Learning Algorithm. They use a small amount of labeled data and a huge amount of unlabeled data
- Reinforcement Machine Learning Algorithm – applies to software and machine agents to determine the behaviour within a context to maximize performance
Machine Learning will always focus on the development of computer programs which can access data and learn for themselves.
These Latest Network Technologies are all equipped to take over the future. They will not only make operations convenient but also save time and energy to perform tasks.
Although no system is ever 100 percent protected, the ability for differentiating between typical network traffic as well as potentially harmful malware is considered crucial and provides the focus of this associate-level certification path. Also, if you wish to acquire this certification, you should gain the CCNP 300-430 Dumps, which are being offered at the ExamClubs.