10 Amazing Facts about Cisco You Must Know
If you wish to make your career in network, the Certifications is considered to be the best certification, to jump-start your career. But gaining this certification isn’t considered to be that much easy. You have to go through lots and lots of study process unless you have the help of the CCT 010 151 DCTECH Dumps offered at the ExamClubs.
Cisco Systems Inc. is a world leader in IT sector which deals with the designing, manufacturing and sale of networking equipments. It was established in 1984 by Leonard Bosack and Sandy Lerner, a married couple, who were then working at Stanford University. Here are a few fun facts about the multinational giant which you might have never heard about!
- Love was the motivator
It all started when the husband and wife duo wanted to communicate through emails hence, the need to connect different networks arose which led to the invention of the first multi-protocol router. Cisco,after two years, shipped its first product the AGS Router for the very first time.
- CISCO- doesn’t it sound familiar ?
The company got its name from the beautiful city in northern California,US. Yes, you guessed it right! It’s none other than the commercial and financial centre of the state, San Francisco.
- The Logo
The logo of Cisco systems was inspired by the famous Golden Gate Bridge shown above. This clearly proves that the founders of the company were in immense love with their city and hence that love inspired them to represent their city through its name and the logo. A great idea indeed!
- Devoid of foundersWhen the company went public in year 1990, Lerner was fired and Bosack quit his job in her support. Both of them moved out of the company and immediately sold two-thirds of their stake in the company for a whopping $170 million. Although researchers remark that had they held onto their shares it would have been worth billions today. Until 2014, two-thirds of the Cisco’s share were worth around $90 billion.(source)
- Revenue and services At the end of Q4 FY’15, Cisco’s revenue accounts up to $12.8 billion. Apart from this, it has rendered services of $ 2.9 billion and products of $10 billion.
- Acquisitions Cisco has acquired more than 170 companies since its first purchase of Crescendo Communications in 1993. Recently,Cisco acquired IoT specialist ParStream and security threat and protection company Lancope to promote and expand its “Security Everywhere” Plan.
- Focus Areas Cisco promotes its top notch future plans over five areas, i.e. Internet of Everything, Security, Cloud and next generation, Data center, Software and Analysis. The recent acquisitions of the company were made keeping these areas of operations in mind.
At present, Cisco has around 71,500 employees, nearly 70,000 channel partners and 380 global sites in more than 160 countries in the world. It has strong relationships with industry-leading partner companies which have helped it grow immensely and reach out to its customer base through various channels.
Although no system is ever 100 percent protected, the ability for differentiating between typical network traffic as well as potentially harmful malware is considered crucial and provides the focus of this associate-level certification path. Also, if you wish to acquire this certification, you should gain the CCT 640-692 RSTECH Dumps, which are being offered at the ExamClubs.
Under the company’s previous CEO John Chambers, who held the position for around 20 years, the company has grown from $1.2 billion to the current rate of $49 billion. That’s huge! Presently, Chuck Robbins has taken his place as the CEO of the company whereas John Chambers has become the executive chairman.
- Research and Development
In FY’14,Cisco spent around 13.4% of its revenue in research and development which was $6.3 billion. The company has been issued more than 19000 patents until now and it files around 700 patents each year. The company has 170 labs around the world and over 25000 engineers employed.
Cisco Certifications: Cisco also offers various levels of IT Certifications and these certifications are widely respected across the globe. At ExamClubs, we offer Training on these Cisco Certifications like CCNA Routing and Switching, CCNP Routing and Switching and CCNA Security and much more. We have a real-time Networking lab which consists of more than 100 Latest Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewalls and other devices. Labs Available available for the practicals.
The process of becoming a networker isn’t considered for the faint-hearted. It requires lots of hard work and nice and trustworthy DevNet 200-901 DEVASC Dumps, like that offered at the ExamClubs, to clear this grueling exam.